Winning hands in poker: probabilities of collecting them and essential information
Winning hands in poker overview
No matter what type of poker people play, the rules differ only in the ways of how many cards are dealt, the general procedure and the amounts of subsequent rounds. It means that poker winning hands always stay the same.
Poker is all about collecting the winning hand, fold or to make your opponents to fold by making them think that your collected hand is higher than theirs. Therefore every person who is about to start playing poker should learn the general information about the cards that make the hands.
Tips on how to collect best hands in poker
Winning hands in poker are all about poker hands rank and the suites. The higher hands also come in order from the top-ranking cards and lower, so in the upper hands order plays very important role but also makes it more difficult to collect the right cards during subsequent stages when cards are dealt. Remembering well the best hands in poker will allow a player to quickly calculate their chances of getting the right card and the overall probability of getting the right card to build a desired hand. Win hands in poker are defined as follows:
- Royal flush is the hand of cards that bear the same suite ranked in order from ace to 10, e.g. A K Q J 10.
- Straight flush is the hand of cards that have the same suite and consecutively ranked in order, e.g. 9 8 7 6 5.
- Four of a kind is the hand where four out of five cards have the same rank but suite does not matter, e.g. K K K K 9.
- Full house is the hand where three cards have the same rank and two more cards have the same rank but suite does not matter, e.g. Q Q Q 8 8.
- Flush is the hand where five cards bear the same suite but its ranking and order does not matter.
- Straight is the hand where five cards are consecutively ranked and their suites does not matter, e.g. K Q J 10 9.
- Three of a kind is the hand where three cards have the same rank, suites does not matter, e.g. 9 9 9 10 K.
- Two Pairs is the hand when a player collected two cards of the same rank as well as two more cards of the same rank suits does not matter, e.g. K K J J 9.
- One pair is the hand when a player collected just two cards of the same rank suites does not matter, e.g. Q Q K 10 J.
- High card is the hand where all five cards are unmatched at all, so the highest card will be counted K J 10 9 Q, so K is the highest card that is counted.
Indeed, Royal flush poker is extremely desirable, rare and will beat all winning hands in poker that will stand against it.
How to collect winning hands?
Winning hands can be collected by carefully assessing the chances of getting the hands, calculating the out cards and the remaining cards on the table as well as the cards in players’ hands. The odds ratio will have to be calculated in order to estimate the probability of getting desired cards.
Strategies with Texas Hold’em chart will have to be employed as well as alternative strategies will have to be beard in mind and the ability how to switch among them will ensure collecting winning hands in poker.